It's Time for Technology to Disrupt Education

12. mai 2012

Education is one product families are required to consume. What's more, the people who work at these schools are in a position of authority over their customers. The grades that teachers hand to students can have an enormous impact on their future. That sure is different from the commercial world where the customers' collective satisfaction, in most cases, determines the success or failure of the business.

It strikes me that it's time for technology to start disrupting education. I'm not calling for the abolition of schools. My wife and daughter are public school teachers and I am the beneficiary of 20 years of public education with three degrees from state universities, including a doctorate in education. If anything, I want to see more resources going into education.

Larry Magid

0 kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

 
Design by Pocket Blogger Templates - Banner image: Photo: Jon Hoem.